Teaching week 15

2016/12/11

It's the end of the semester and that brings good and bad. I'm done lesson planning for a few weeks and I'm not teaching new content which is a much needed respite. But there are students left and right scrambling to bring up their grade and that creates a lot of chaos for me. To compound matters, this week was retesting for students who have not passed their EOC exams which are required for graduation. The ELA 2 exam is an especially heavy hitter for the population I teach and close to half of my students were missing on Wednesday which just happened to be the day I was giving the only test of the six weeks. Blurg. So I'm at work again on the weekend, getting caught up on my grades. It feels especially important as finals begin this Thursday for students to know exactly where they stand in my class. If only they were as concerned about grades as I am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment