Summer Day 47

2014/07/25

We covered around 12 miles today and it was the longest I've gone without major foot pain. It feels like we're finally hitting a stride which makes it a little bitter sweet that today is our last full day on the trail. Back in the doldrums of this little adventure when Xandy's course of action was unsure, my enthusiasm was low, and Nathan's leg was in a bad way, we decided to leave the trail early and take a detour to Washington DC. I am still glad to be going to DC (I do love me some museums), but I also now realize that I would have been happy to stick it out on the trail. Provided I found a shower. My little stream bath has worn off and I am revolting enough to really hamper my own enjoyment.

1 comments:

Audra said...

This adventure seems amazing and uber long. Wish I could see more pictures.

Post a Comment