Lost Maples

2014/04/20

I headed to Lost Maples state park for some more pack training this weekend. I didn't know much about the park, just that it was one of the few state parks with camping available on this busy three day weekend and that I saw the word "elevation" as I skimmed the paragraph describing the park. Elevation training is hard to come by in Texas, but we got plenty as the trails wind up and down the hills through the small valley. Beautiful vistas all around and most surprisingly, deciduous trees with their therapeutic fresh green color. A beautiful weekend with sublime weather and a much needed rest from school. We're entering the home stretch of the last grading cycle and I'm pretty burnt out. The upside to my down mood is that this is how I felt in about October last year. I'm definitely looking forward to summer but immensely pleased with how well the year has gone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment