Bluebonnets

2014/04/20

Running last weekend through my neighborhood greenbelt I was giddy over all the bluebonnets along the path. I was recovering from the flu so there was probably as much walking as running, but the flowers made that alright.

This spring has been incredible on the wildflower front. The highways have been lousy with wildflowers which prompted me to head out to my favorite spot in Texas, the Willow City Loop. Even though the ride there and the ride back were lovely, the loop was dry and barren. A big disappointment and quite a befuddlement.

Closer to home, this spring also found us venturing over to St. Edwards University to check out their bluebonnet fields and it was pretty amazing. Such a color. This winter was incredibly long and cold and the colors have made the spring all the sweeter.


0 comments:

Post a Comment