Books 2013

2014/02/21

I read 23 books in 2013 (no bemoaning how small that number is today) and seven of them I considered five star titles:

  • Blindness by Jose Saramago
  • Teacher Man by Frank McCourt
  • Disgrace by J.M. Coetzee
  • The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
  • Half the Sky
  • Wild by Cheryl Strayed
  • Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed

I am toying with the idea of stepping away from book clubs for a time. I am juggling three, sometimes four, right now and I simply don't have the energy or time to embrace them with any degree of joy. I need reading to be an escape rather than a chore. My personality lends itself to consistency rather than casual attendance and not participating fully is bothering me so I just need some time away to breathe. Maybe.


0 comments:

Post a Comment