Wild

2013/09/01

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest TrailWild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So many reasons to love this book. It's been quite a while since I've read a good memoir, which I love. This one was spot on for where I'm at right now. I found her writing beautiful and her experience captivating. There was a lot I couldn't relate to when it comes to her personal make up, but she wrote in a way that was honest and empathetic.

What I loved:
Her honesty. The way she wrote about her heartache and grief in a very "doing" way. It resonated with me deeply.

What I learned:
Every memoir or good piece of literature I encounter paints a fuller picture of humanity for me. That is the biggest high. It's right up there with good conversation among my favorite ways to be educated.

There were a lot to choose from, but this might be my favorite line in the whole book:
"Perhaps by now I had come far enough that I had the guts to be afraid."


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment