Tiny Beautiful Things

2013/09/29

Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear SugarTiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar by Cheryl Strayed
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This may be my all time favorite book. Which is no small statement. I love Sugar so much. I want to be Sugar. I find her mix of unconditional compassion and truth telling totally staggering. I am so in love with the experience of being human right now. The good, the bad, and the ugly. And this book really speaks to all the pain and joy that being human means. This not a book for you if you're not ready to embrace human mistakes or some healthy profanity, but the beauty and love behind it all is a force.

What I loved:
All of it.

What I learned:
People make mistakes. Bad things happen. Love is powerful enough.

A favorite passage:
...but compassion isn't about solutions. It's about giving all the love that you've got.

Or just close your eyes and remember everything you already know. Let whatever mysterious starlight that guided you this far guide you onward into whatever crazy beauty awaits.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment