Blindness

2013/01/18


BlindnessBlindness by José Saramago
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Second time I've read it and I still find it amazing. But I'm also careful to note that this is not a book that I freely recommend - some of the scenes are graphic. Which is understandable since it deals with the decay of society and the edges of human morality.

What I loved:
There is so much to think about in this book. So many questions and situations to make you consider what humanity and our social constructs really consists of.

What I learned:
It made me question many things that I take for granted. That is a first rate education.

A favorite passage:
Now there is no music other than that of works, and these, especially those in books, are discreet, and even if curiosity should bring someone from the building to listen at the door, they would hear only a solitary murmur, that long thread of sound that can last into infinity, because the books of this world, all together, are, as they say the universe is, infinite.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment