Unbroken

2012/09/08


Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and RedemptionUnbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow. Just an amazing story on so many levels. I was perpetually amazed by what the main character (and everyone else) went through. Every turn the story took I was blown away that the ordeal was not over yet. The author did a wonderful job of assembling it all into a sweeping narrative. Great book.

What I loved:
This is simply put, a great story. It's hard to believe it's not fiction, it is just jam packed with great characters and heart wrenching experiences.

What I learned:
The takeaways were huge. The actual events were very educational as it is told from the point of view of a WWII POW in Japan. But also the human elements, humanity and dignity at their very core, were on display in great glory.


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment