Great to be Eight!

2012/08/06

I know it's totally cliche to be aghast that my baby is eight years old, but that's just the way I feel. It's pretty fabulous too. She is an awesome girl in more ways than I can count. She is smart and sweet and organized in so many ways similar to her mama (for good and for bad). She has so much love inside of her.

We spent her birthday at the pool, a matinee at Alamo Drafthouse, and a little shopping. She had originally been wanting (begging for!) a pair of Toms (shoes) for her last gift but at point of sale she changed her mind and we headed to the Lego store instead. I'm kinda glad she's still at an age to choose toys over clothes. For her celebration with friends she had her first sleepover and requested another cupcake cake, this one I thought turned out pretty cute. My favorite moment of the part day was when she came over to me and dramatically announced, "Mom, you are NOT the host of my party! Tessa is the host of my party!" Which if you know anything about me and my dislike of party planning and/or hosting you'll know that was a-okay with me. Tessa pulled off her duties with flair. I am only necessary to bankroll and supply the operation.

So happy birthday to my beauty! Eight years ago that day was one of the best days of my life and every one since has been blessed by my Sylvie.




0 comments:

Post a Comment