Full heart

2012/08/26

I feel the strong need today to express my gratitude. I have been so completely overwhelmed the past few weeks and today at church felt like the eye of the storm, a few lovely hours of peace and quiet before the real crazy starts. Sitting in church, my mind was filled with dozens of instances of help, support, and love that I have benefited from, both physically and emotionally. I am a fairly (cough, cough) independent person in nature and it's not always easy for me to admit that I don't have all my ducks in a row. But this transition to teaching is truly kicking my trash at the moment and all of the support I have received has meant to world to me, meant I can truly sink myself into what I know to be my right chosen path. Whether it is the crazy logistical support and understanding that I've required from my generous family, notes and messages of encouragement from loved ones far away, or just admiring and encouraging words from neighbors - it has truly kept me afloat. Not to mention my new colleagues who have witnessed my daily meltdowns and have been incredibly patient and supportive. What a time to make new friends! They are surely getting a massively skewed version of my personality. (For those of you who know me well, rest assured that I am being hyperbolic and the meltdowns have been completely Amber-sized. Just lots of sarcasm, complaining, fast walking, and perhaps the beginning of an ulcer. No actual tears - yet.)

I was also vividly reminded today of many of the reasons that I chose to make this change. Which is exactly what I needed today. I feel so strongly about this avenue of involvement. I don't necessarily believe in fate or one "right path", but I do know that this choice was confirmed to me by my Heavenly Father in a way that left absolutely no doubt in my mind that this is what I need to be doing. What I need to keep in the forefront of my awareness is that none of it will make a difference unless I do it with joy. I am excited for tomorrow. I am excited to meet new people, all 173 of them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment