All the Names

2012/08/20


All the NamesAll the Names by José Saramago
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a book that I definitely need to read again. There are some deep and tangled thoughts that I haven't completely sorted out. There is so much to think about solitude and destiny and what it means to be an individual.

What I loved:
The ideas. Saramago's writing style is very unique and while it was intriguing, it wasn't what kept me moving through this book. I was intrigued by the main character and his strange move through destiny, but mostly it was the ideas he unearthed along the way that I loved.

What I learned:
This isn't the type of book that I picked up interesting tidbits about a culture or point in history. The take-away was definitely the atmosphere and the thought provoking ideas.


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment