What Alice Forgot

2012/06/13


What Alice ForgotWhat Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great book. It was a super fast read for me, a bit of a page turner. The premise is very interesting and provided a lot of food for thought. I'm not sure if it's classic status, but still a great book.

What I learned:
Lots to think about with regard to memory and relationships. How patterns get set and the possibility of really re-framing things to break free. I thought the author did a good job of having me go back and forth between rooting for naive optimism and wisdom tinged realism with regards to her personality and dreams.

What I loved:
The premise. Using the amnesia for the backdrop it was really interesting to think about the make up of relationships. I thought it was really tempting to side with the naive and innocent version of Alice, but that's just not real life. I love stories where you get different points of view and this was so novel to get that in one character.

A favorite passage:
It was that her true self, as formed by those ten years, was back. As seductive as it might have been to erase the grief and pain of the last ten years, it was also a lie. Young Alice was a fool. A sweet, innocent fool. Young Alice hadn't experienced ten years of living.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment