Sleep

2012/04/26

I've been waking up at 5:45 this week so that I can run before my girls get up and the day starts. Mostly just to see if I can do it. Next week begins my student teaching and since the luxury of flexible days will be gone I need to find a new way to fit in exercise (not to mention next fall when I'm teaching full time). I am not adjusting well to the earlier wake up even though it's only 45 minutes early and I'm still getting enough total sleep. I'm just sleepy all day and a little cranky. Makes me wonder how in the world I survived the early years of motherhood when I was waking up at night to nurse as well as waking up at 5:30 to work before my girls got up. Anyone who says those early years of parenthood aren't the hardest is delusional. I'll deal with all the weepy hormone induced tirades life can throw at me if I can just get a solid night's sleep.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

That is so great! I know you are a great teacher and I think it is totally commendable and amazing what you are doing. Way to go, Amber!

Melissa said...

yes, how DID you survive??? I'm so tired!

Post a Comment