Crime and Punishment

2012/04/07


Crime and PunishmentCrime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a difficult book for me to get through. I think it's a perfect case of appreciating a book without actually enjoying it. All of the things that make it a classic are difficult to appreciate from a 21st century mind point. But also I am rusty on my ability to find interest in classic literature and that's why I'm doing my best to get back into them. There was a crime. There was punishment. There was an endless litany of extremely messed up characters. The protagonist was infinitely unlikable. But all the characters were multifaceted and that was interesting to watch unfold. It was just hard for me to unravel all the names and characters and connections through the language.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment