Radiohead

2012/03/09

It's been quite a while since I've seen a "big" show. Austin is much more tuned for small venues for indie bands and up-and-comers. A lot of the big acts will skip Austin all together and head to San Antonio, Dallas, or Houston. So certainly there was no way I was going to miss Radiohead when they came to town. It was such an amazing show. I was late to the Radiohead bandwagon - I remember not liking Creep when it was big on the radio and definitely not getting OK Computer when it first came out, but over the past years they have become dear to my heart. So much complexity to their compositions. So much artistry.

The show was truly amazing. The stage was a visual treat. They had 12 movable and 6 fixed screens that displayed artistically framed live footage from the band and a light and color show that changed with each song. Even though we were at the Erwin Center (the UT basketball arena) the sound was great. I've found so many big shows simply crank up the sound with no regard to actual quality, but of course Radiohead would get it right. I was starting to feel like I was getting too old to enjoy live music, but this show made me truly happy.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment