The Hunger Games

2012/03/19


The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

With a few days off work and a complete abhorrence to do anything productive, I decided to give this trilogy a second spin. I'm excited for the movie coming out next week and I wanted to make sure the book was fresh in my mind. It was just as entertaining the second time through. In fact, because I could slow down a little and I knew the characters better I think I enjoyed it more. Katniss is such a fabulous protagonist. She is a great role model and a really complicated and interesting character. Even though the books are somewhat graphic and I'm not about to let my 11 year old read them any time soon, I think they present really interesting things to think about governance and morality.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment