Done!

2012/02/07

The good news is that I finished my Math content course today, the first part of my teacher certification program. Just over two weeks to remember all my high school Math. Whee! The bad news is that it did not sufficiently prepare me to really take the certification exam in April so I will be continuing to study on my own. I was a little disappointed with the structure and content of the course, but at least it gave me a feel for all the holey spots in my memory. And I really, really enjoyed it; I had forgotten how much I totally enjoy Math. I think having stepped out of pure Math for so long will actually be an asset to my teaching because I will be able to relate to students on what it feels like to have pieces of the puzzle missing. That's what I'm telling myself anyway :-)

1 comments:

Audra said...

I am happy for you and wish you the best luck in studying for the exam.

Post a Comment