Predictably Irrational

2012/01/12


Predictably Irrational, Revised and Expanded Edition: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions 1 Exp Rev editionPredictably Irrational, Revised and Expanded Edition: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions 1 Exp Rev edition by Dan Ariely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book cover to cover. I love behavioral economics in general; I could read about it endlessly. His book especially I thought was fresh and readable and just plain old fascinating. Starting out I didn't agree with his general theme, that humans are not purely rational as traditional economics would assert. I felt that we do use cost benefit analysis to make most of our decisions, it's just that those factors are not always tangible. But he did showcase a few examples that changed my mind somewhat. Great book.

What I learned:
So much! Each chapter was something new that made me think about the forces behind my decisions. There are so many biases at work and I love unearthing them so that I can at least be aware of them next time I think I'm being "rational".

What I loved:
His writing style was very accessible and interesting. The topics were interesting and not always intuitive which makes for some entertaining and interesting surprises.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment