Moment of the day

2011/10/22

Just survived the church chili cook-off/carnival/trunk or treat. This has been a day to behold. I am wicked sick (although slightly better than yesterday as I am able to stand upright). Plus I had a ton of preparations for tonight. Plus I survived shoe shopping with my girls which required significant negotiations. Plus I haven't been able to eat a real meal in two days now. Plus my girls each brought friends tonight, significantly altering the adult/child ratio. Plus Dave is in Dallas for a Cowboys game so I'm the only grown up. Obviously feeling whiny here. But I am now tucked away in bed and that brings a smile to my sad face. I can hear my girls sweetly sorting and swapping candy and that makes me happy. Always a few things to make me smile. Always...

2 comments:

Janell said...

You are a brave, brave woman. You seemed a bit tired, but it sounds like you were (and are) completely exhausted! I hope your kids let you get lots of rest!

Audra said...

Glad to hear about a another mom who does what she has to do, no matter what. Sorry to hear you are sick. Praying for a time when you feel like eating again, soon. Take care.

Post a Comment