Books

2010/04/05

This week I am reading one book about a doctor dedicating himself to the underprivileged people of Haiti, another book about Religious Literacy and the lack thereof in America today, and yet another book about the moral issues related to modern meat production. I have a feeling I'm going to be a little fiery this week. Books make me happy. And occasionally a little indignant.

If you haven't heard from me by the end of the week, send in reinforcements with large amounts of chocolate and DVDs of mindless TV programming.

4 comments:

Carli said...

Very interesting stuff. I just put the Religious Literacy book on hole at the library. It looks fascinating! Thanks for sharing so many of your wonderful literary finds -- i love having friends that are so well read!

Audra said...

I just finished a book and I am missing having one to read. Don't think I will pick one or these choices - you know me, has to be safe for lil' old me. I will say, I am amazed that you can read 3 books at once. One at a time is my motto.

PS - Mailing chocolate now.

Amber said...

I always have multiple books going but this is a little overboard even for me. Our library isn't very generous with the renewals so I've got to bust a move.

Audra - I bet you'd enjoy Mountains Beyond Mountains. I'm only 100 pages or so into but it's pretty fantastic and I love the author. If you're in the mood for more of a treat, my book club read two great books the past months that I think you'd like. The Help and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Both compulsively readable and enjoyable. Yay books!

Dana said...

Let me know how the 'Eating Animals' book turns out. I read some of it on Amazon and I like the author's style - love the story about his Grandma, 'er 'Greatest Chef'

I'm not a vegitarian, but I'm not a fan of the factory-like production of animals and cruelty that happens. I'm also concerned about the 'stuff' they feed the animals since that ends up inside me and my family. What's an omnivore to do?

Post a Comment