Thinking is a bad thing

2010/03/16

I am contemplating something semi-drastic with my hair color. A little bit rock and roll, a little bit of whimsy. I've never colored my hair (other than a moment experimenting with drugstore black in college) and I figure when it's short is probably the best time to play. I almost did it last time I was in for a cut, but they ran out of time before I had to go pick up my girls from school. So I went ahead and made an appointment and now I have to sit and think about it rather than the freedom of acting impetuously. After all my pondering I'm a little worried about going through with it. I have two hang-ups. First, I have to present in front of a college wide audience at the end of April and I'm wondering if I'll look like a silly twit who no one takes seriously or maybe if I play it right I can be just another feather in the GCC diversity cap. Second, I am worried that someone at church will yell at me about being a bad example for their young and impressionable children since I work in primary. I'm not going to go totally punk rock or anything, just a few streaks of bright color - pink/blue/purplish - in the front. Thoughts? Opinions?

6 comments:

Jackijo said...

I say go ahead and do it! I can't wait to see.

Anonymous said...

Just do it... (as the old Nike commercials would say)

Karen said...

It's just hair .. and might be the best thing you do all year. I opened my iGoogle page and the theme was called "mine" which is black and pink and blue and purple swirleys in it ... must be a good sign. It was you ...

Audra said...

I would totally go for it. Blue and pink are my favorites. Let us know what you decide and please, please, please post pictures!

Pam said...

Go for it, Amber!

Sarah said...

How about if I threaten to pull my kid out of primary if you DON'T color your hair blue? Would that help?
Do it!

Post a Comment