Possession

2010/03/15

Possession Possession by A.S. Byatt


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
When I saw that my library book group had chosen this title I was happy to read it a second time. But after struggling to finish another of her more recent books I was nervous that I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I did the first time a decade ago - but it was great. The story, of two poets having a secret romance of letters, is such a romantic one and brought so many thoughts and feelings to light for me. It seemed so cruel that they should live the greater portion of their lives apart after having a short moment in the sunshine. Just unbearable. I appreciated the artistry and amazing literary prowess of the author. It is a complicated and layered novel.

View all my reviews >>

0 comments:

Post a Comment