I love food but man do I hate cooking right now

2010/03/02

Favorite foods from childhood:
  • Rice cooked with raisins in it (No, not rice pudding. It's just rice with cooked raisins in it and little bit of chicken bouillon. Yes, it's delicious.)
  • Burger Beans (Mmmmm...)
  • Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
  • Chicken Saltimbocca
  • Mini surprise meat loaves
  • Clam Chowder
  • Chicken Enchiladas
  • Quiche
  • Poultry Puffs
  • My grandpa's homemade mystery meat that I helped him put through the grinder. Mom, I don't want to know what was in it :-)
  • My grandma's home bottled green beans
Favorite recipes I make:
  • My homemade pizza
  • My lasagna
  • Cashew Chicken
  • Chicken & Sweet Potatoes with Apricot Sauce
  • Chicken with Spinach and some kind of white sauce on top (I've forgotten the name)
  • Lime Chicken Picante
  • Classy Chicken
  • Chicken and Shrimp slow cooker recipe with feta and artichoke hearts and some other stuff that's yummy
  • Raspberry Stuffed Pork Chops
  • Ham Carbonara
  • Stuffed Bell Peppers
  • Chicken Enchiladas
  • Salmon with a yummy mustard sauce on top
  • Sloppy Joes on my mom's BEST EVER homemade hamburger buns
  • Sweet and Spicy Lentil Chili
  • Black Bean Soup
  • Clam Chowder
  • All varieties of bread and muffins and of course cookies. Seriously, when I looked through my allrecipes recipe box to refresh my memory I discovered that well over 80% of my saved recipes are for desserts or breads.
Some new favorite recipes:
What we typically eat because right now I'm totally sick of cooking and am not sure I'll ever, ever get out my funk but in my defense I at least make sure we eat vegetables most nights:
  • Lame Pasta (pasta with a jar sauce on top)
  • Some kind of slow cooker bean soup
  • Salmon Patties
  • Tacos or some such concoction of tortillas with random stuff in them
  • And because Sylvie asks for them EVERY night - biscuits
Wednesday is leftover night and it's my favorite night of the week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment