Not so little girl

2010/02/23

Tessa's request for her birthday this year was to get her ears pierced. So off to the mall we went on Saturday. She has been talking about this for almost a year, but never got really serious about it until recently. The rule in our house is that you can get your ears pierced when you can demonstrate enough responsibility to take care of earrings. For Tessa this meant she had to keep her clothes picked up for three weeks. This was no small feat, believe me. But I guess she wanted it enough and she's been great.

She didn't get nervous until she sat down in the chair at Claire's. I'm sure the crowd of pre-teen girls gathering to watch didn't help. I thought for a moment she would bolt - tears came and she was on the edge of really losing it. But the lady in charge had a good firm demeanor and kind of forced her to calm down. It didn't really hurt and once she had the first ear done she was fine.

She had lots of fun picking out earrings with her birthday money. It seemed like a pre-teen right of passage to me and I guess now I have to come to grips with her sitting on the edge of hormone-ville. It was a really fun day and I am just totally in love with my beautiful daughter.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Wow. HUGE. That really brings back the memories of being in that chair! It sounds like it was a great birthday. She looks so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I never got my ears pierced because I was afraid my ears would rot off from the home made needle my friend was going to use. : )

Post a Comment