Bless Me Ultima

2010/02/17

Bless Me, Ultima Bless Me, Ultima by Rudolfo Anaya


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
This book had a lot of potential considering my affinity for Latin American themes, and there were aspects of it I enjoyed, but on the whole I found it trying. I just never got over the main supposition which is that a seven year old spends all his time contemplating HUGE picture questions such as the nature of God and sin the injustice of the world. It was just so incredibly serious the whole way through. It seemed so unbelievable to me that I couldn't really sink into the message. Had the main character been different the whole thing would have rung more true to me.

View all my reviews >>

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Good for you!! I am such a sucker for a crossed-off to-do item. I had a day this week in which I did tons of dishes, plus a load of laundry, plus spent an hour organizing my craft table, and at the end of it all, I felt like I deserved a gold medal.

Post a Comment