Favorite Albums of 2009

2009/12/15

Let me emphasize the no particular order aspect of my list this year. I'm taking a step away from the analytical (well, as much as a girl such as myself can) and just giving warm fuzzies. I've loosely arranged my favorite albums this year in tiers instead of strict rankings. (Yes, I'm a little strange - just humor or possibly ignore me.)

Super Love:
  • Eels - Hombre Lobo
  • The Avett Brothers - I And Love And You
  • Neko Case - Middle Cyclone
  • Pearl Jam - Backspacer
  • Slaid Cleaves - Everything You Love Will Be Taken Away
  • White Rabbits - It's Frightening
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz!
  • Iron & Wine - Around the Well
Awesome:
  • Blitzen Trapper - Black River Killer
  • The Bottle Rockets - Lean Forward
  • Deer Tick - Born on a Flag Day
  • The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love
  • Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit - Seven-Mile Island
  • U2 - No Line on the Horizon
  • Wilco - Wilco (The Album)
  • The Flaming Lips - Embryonic
  • M. Ward - Hold Time
  • Ben Harper - White Lies for Dark Times
  • Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
Honorable Mention:
  • Langhorn Slim - Be Set Free
  • Hayden - The Place Where We Live
  • Chip Robinson - Mylow
  • Elvis Costello - Secret, Profane, and Sugar Cane
  • Jay Farrar & Benjamin Gibbard - One Fast Move
  • Monsters of Folk - Monsters of Folk
  • Regina Spektor - Far
  • Rhett Miller - Rhett Miller
  • Son Volt - American Central Dust
Special Shout Out:
  • Sufjan Stevens: The BQE

If you're looking for extra credit you can hear some or all of these on my Last.fm profile.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice list! So what's your #1?

Post a Comment