Among Schoolchildren

2009/11/03

Among Schoolchildren Among Schoolchildren by Tracy Kidder


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I'm having a hard time quantifying how much I liked this book. It was immediately engaging and very satisfying to read. I love his style of writing and hoping to read more of his books. The immersion reporting he uses is a very engaging style of non-fiction. I really did enjoy it front to back. But when it was all said and done I'm not sure that I felt emotionally drawn into the book or much changed by reading it. Probably worth more than three stars, but I'm hesitant to give it more.

View all my reviews >>

1 comments:

Jackijo said...

I enjoyed listening to Strength in What Remains and I am reading Mountains Beyond Mountains right now. I think you are right the immersions style is very enjoyable. However, no matter how much we feel drawn into the story, I believe unless a person can relate just a little bit to the poverty experienced in these books, it will be impossible to cause much of a change.

Post a Comment