The Unbearable Lightness of Being

2009/07/14

The Unbearable Lightness of Being The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I certainly don't think this book is perfect. There are parts that I find more pretentious than profound. But there is just so much to ponder in it's pages that I know I will be drawn to read it again and again. I loved the opportunity to stop and consider each theme the author laid out. So much meat to chew on. So many lovely secrets. The characters were beautifully flawed and well drawn. I am tempted to start again right now at page one, but I think it would be better when I am in a different place of my life to consider it again.


View all my reviews >>

1 comments:

Kathryn Mathews said...

I was so happy to know that YOU are having a somewhat lazy summer, too. I mean, the whole sleeping in and not having to rush out the door kind of morning. I LOVE that! It's not like we're anxious to get out in the heat! I'm feeling "cabin feverish" though. Or what do they call it in the summer? Busy working super moms like you deserve a break and a more relaxed day now and again. That's what summer is all about! So ENJOY it!

Post a Comment