Mmmm, Sugar

2009/05/11

Dave bought me a carrot cake for Mother's Day yesterday. I love carrot cake but never think to get it unless I'm having a serious craving. I always choose something chocolate. But when I really think about it, many of my favorite desserts (oh! how could I ever choose just one favorite!) aren't of the chocolate variety. I've been wanting to post a list, just cause I like lists, so here's some of my favorite desserts:
  • Lemon bars
  • Those raspberry jam/oatmeal bars
  • Brownies, heavy and almost gooey
  • Gingerbread!
  • Cookies of all varieties but preferably moist and chewy
  • But especially my chocolate chip cookies (well, really just the dough)
  • Truffles
  • Baklava
  • Denise Dent's cinnamon rolls
  • Cheesecake if it's around but I like it better with stuff in it
  • And occasionally a very good carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
Honestly though, if it has sugar in it and a good measure of refined flour - I'll probably eat it. What are your favorites?

6 comments:

Naomi said...

Ice cream sandwiches. 70% dark chocolate. Key lime pie. Lemon meringue pie. Cowboy cookies. Ferrero Roche Darks. Ummmm . . . I could do this all day.

Pam said...

Hmmmmm.... like you anything with sugar, and of course, chocolate is a plus. Here are some desserts that I can't resist:

Homemade chocolate pudding
Coconut cream pie
Cheesecake
Texas sheet cake
Cherry pie (made by Mom)
Blondies
Snickerdoodles

Amber said...

Of course key lime pie! I don't care for pie much so didn't really think of it but I LOVE key lime pie.

Dark chocolate is a food group all it's own and is beyond mentioning here.

I love blondies too. Just about the only time I like anything a la mode. Mmmm, nice and warm.

Sarah said...

I have recipes for custard pie and for pumpkin pound cake with cream cheese frosting that I love. I try not to make them very often, especially since I'm home during the day. They disappear way too fast.

Anna said...

mmmm.. brownies number one forever and always (especially with cream cheese frosting).

bananas with whip cream
peanut butter cookies
Naner nut bread
sugar cookies
lemon bars
strawberry cheesecake
chocolate mousse
eagle bran pie
chocolate pie :D
and of course our chocolate chip cookies we always end up making at Ambers house :D

ok, i'm starting to drool now. i love you sister and i'm waiting on all the sweet nummy goodies you're gonna bake for me and send back with mom.

Denise said...

Yum! This is a fun post to ponder on for awhile! Thanks for saying my cinnamon rolls--too bad we don't make them more often! Mmmm...let's see:
Brownies with ice cream and hot fudge, raspberry cheesecake (esp. Cheesecake factory's White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake), peach cobbler or homemade peach pie with vanilla ice cream, mint chocolate chip ice cream, Butter Brickle Delight ice cream dessert (remember when we made this for New Year's that year!), this list could go on and on...thanks for the yummy idea!

Post a Comment