Sunshine and flowers

2009/04/21

I bought a membership to the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center because I am planning taking some of their native gardening courses next month (very, very excited for that!). Well, I looked at the 10 day forecast yesterday and decided that we better skedaddle on over and enjoy some wildflowers as the 70s are rapidly disappearing (and I was right since we're at 91 today as I type this). So I convinced the girls to take a quick trip after school and it was lovely. So much color out right now. I found out what a few of the plants in my front yard are so we'll call it a fact finding mission.



There is a gallery at the back of the gardens and yesterday they were featuring works by Shou Ping. She does these lovely watercolors which she then turns into paper sculptures. Just amazingly lovely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment