Color again! (Plus pattern this time)

2009/04/29

I've been enjoying my living room so much lately but the blah entryway adjoining it was really dragging me down so I decided to remedy the situation. I've had this idea in my head for a while about these really large fabric canvases and I finally made it happen. Thanks to my friend Abby and her lovely power tools that really made it happen. Thank goodness you can't seem my less than terrific craftsmanship in these photos.

I am wanting to put pictures of the three cities that we've called home in the three frames on the wall: Salt Lake, Phoenix, and Austin. If anyone has a favorite shot that they are willing to share please (please, please) do send it my way. We'll call it a contest of sorts and for the winners - my undying adoration. The frames are fitted for a portrait oriented 5x7 and I will probably convert them to black and white.

I'm also undecided about the rug that I purchased at the last minute. It's feeling too bitsy for me but I just can't decide. I need your help. Pretty please add your input on the survey on my sidebar (scroll down a bit).




11 comments:

Audra said...

Ooo! I love.

Abby said...

Love it! I have a couple photos to submit.

Jackijo said...

Ooh, I am all over the photo contest! Please don't close it until I can send you a few photos. Do you want city, or close-ups of a flavor of the city?

I would put the rug the other direction in front of the door. Or just do without. Not like I am any kind of expert, you have seen my house. I am house decorating challenged.

Pam said...

Very pretty!

Katherine Darrow said...

I love how adventurous you are with color. The blue is fantastic! Do you want the actual city photos, or the iconic landscape scene around them. A saguaro studded B/W would be neat for Phoenix. I bet you could find something through the Arizona Highways website. They have links to their best photographers.

Amy said...

LOVE LOVE the fabric panels. I think the rug is too small, sorry. I think Jackie is right, it might work in front of the door. I also love the idea of pictures from where you have lived. Very cool!

Kari said...

It is official; I have a crush on your house! The fabric panels add so much visually. The green plants are perfect, and I love the idea of the city pictures. (Please forward on any cool SLC photography you have- those days were long before I was interested in photography) I would do a rug with a little more blue or green it.

Denise said...

Really pretty--everything looks so fun!

Naomi said...

Absolutely gorgeous. It really sparkles and makes the blue work. I would get a bigger rug.

Anna said...

you are always just so dang snazzy! i love it!

The Richardsons said...

LOVE the fabric panels. I am want to find a space in my house for some. You have probably already decided, but the rug is too small.

Post a Comment