Read it and/or weep

2009/03/25

So two random political thoughts:
  1. Was reading the Time magazine this week. Lovely little essay about service. Wasn't reading it very closely and didn't notice who had written it. Half way through I start to realize this was seeming a little familiar. It was written by Barack Obama! Is it just me or is it a little awesome that our sitting president will take time out to write a viewpoint for Time magazine about national service. I was impressed.
  2. I was at the gym this morning and can't help but notice the huge TV with Fox news sitting right in front of me. Not really paying attention, but noticed that a Republican congressman was droning on about how Obama's deficit spending is going to ruin the country etc. I don't remember those Republican's having such a hard time with deficit spending a few months ago.
Just stuff in my head :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment