In Defense of Food

2009/01/13

In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Such a fantastic book. A good chunk of it was common sense eating advice, but the angle he took it from really made it fresh. It is hard to debunk a lot of the "conventional wisdom" regarding eating and health, but he did a really good job of making me take a look at food and food science with fresh eyes. I would recommend it to anyone. I think we all understand the frustration with the changing fads and conflicting advice regarding what we should eat. It just doesn't need to be that complicated. I also love the notion that he presents that food is not just about a nutritional equation, but a cultural and communal experience that could even bring us happiness. A lot of his comments reminded me of Marion Nestle's What To Eat, which I also loved.


View all my reviews.

0 comments:

Post a Comment