Jonathan Livingston Seagull

2008/11/16

Jonathan Livingston Seagull Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I remembered loving this little book when I was young so when I saw this lovely illustrated version I had to buy it. Such a lovely tale of our potential and all that we can be. I love this passage about humility and learning:

"By the time they returned, it was dark. The other gulls looked at Jonathan with awe in their golden eyes, for they had seen him disappear from where he had been rooted for so long.

He stood there in their congratulations for less than a minute. "I'm the newcomer here! I'm just beginning! It is I who must learn from you!"

"I wonder about that Jon," said Sullivan, standing near. "You have less fear of learning than any gull I've seen in ten thousand years."


View all my reviews.

0 comments:

Post a Comment