Deja Vu

2008/11/29

So I finally finished off the painting today and here are a few pics for your viewing pleasure. The blue isn't quite as deep as I was going for. Not quite sure yet if I'm 100% happy with it. Funny thing is after trying so many shades, it looks suspiciously like I ended up with something a lot similar to our kitchen in Phoenix. I love the gray in the dining room (so named for it's future potential). The color ended up cozy and sophisticated.

So one day there will be furniture purchased for these lovely rooms. But right now it really does feel amazing to have a little more of me in the house. Next project is to change out that embarrassment of a chandelier in the dining room.

And then find a piano for the living room... And some bookshelves to flank it... And of course a big table... And a new couch... There's always going to be one more thing...

But for now I'm really, really happy.




For those of you keeping track, these are rooms 10 and 11 that I've painted this year. It makes me want to cry. I'm going to go for my master bedroom over the Christmas break to make it an even dozen.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I thought you were going to go for a deeper blue also but it does look really nice. Everything looks so much more finished and put together. Color is amazing in what it can do!

KaraJean said...

I love the colors! I can't wait to see what color you paint your bedroom. Our bedroom is next on our list too.

Kari said...

I likey! I wish I was brave with colors. Some day I will be like you.

Naomi said...

I love the dining room color. And your moldings are amazing! I've always wanted a house like that. Good choice!

Jackijo said...

I love the blue! And yes it does look like the blue in your Phoenix house.

I actually painted my kitchen a red called "Spiced Berry". I love the names of paint colors. My front door is called "Happy Trails".

So I now I want to know the names of your paint colors? Or perhaps you customized it; then make up your own name!

Amber said...

I find the paint names very amusing. The yellow in my office is "Grand Hotel Awning" and the whatever color in our guest room is called "Clove Bud". The gray in the dining room is called "Elephant Gray" although the first gray I tried was called "Crucible" and I thought that was way cooler. The blue I think is called "Blue China". I think I need to get a job making these names up.

I recently counted up all of the paint splotches on my trusty painting shirt (used it for every room I've ever painted). I think there were 28 shades total thus far. Craziness!

Post a Comment